Gracie is nearly eight months old and I simply cannot believe how quickly time has gone. Every day I am amazed at some new trick or skill she has learned but it is always a twinge of sadness that I realize that my baby girl is growing up. In the midst of our busy and sometimes stressful, there are moments of pure joy that I will always treasure. Here are a few of them:
- Waking up to Gracie saying Ma Ma Ma .
- The messy toothless grin I get while she’s eating.
- Watching Gracie playing Peek a Boo with Daddy.
- Watching her sleep, listening to her breathing and thanking God for her.
- Tracing the outline of her eyes and nose while she has her last bottle for the day.
- Taking her to her bedroom curtain every morning so that she can peak to see what’s behind it.
- The sheer joy and excitement on her face when Daddy comes home.
- Taking her to wake Daddy every morning and the three of us playing in the morning.
- And my very favourite moment with Gracie happens rarely, making it so much more treasured: when she falls asleep in my arms and while she sleeps peacefully in my arms, I can nuzzle my nose in her neck, breathing in her baby smell, whispering how much I love her and how much she has changed my life. It is normally with great reluctance that I finally put her to bed and kiss her goodnight.
The beauty of these moments is that they speak of the idiosyncrasies of our little family and our Gracie. What are your treasured moments, those daily occurrences that make your day that little bit brighter?